Bacon Wrapped Turkey with the Infusion Roaster
14-18 lb Turkey
1 pound thinly sliced smoked bacon
Rosemary Garlic Seasoning
10 medium cloves garlic, peeled
3 onions, peeled and halved
3 medium celery talks, halved crosswise
1 package baby carrots
1. Trim skin and fat away from neck, tail and tail cavity. Remove any ice and fat from inside of the bird. Excess fat can product too much oil and can cause flare-up in your grill or oven.
2. Remove giblets from inside the bird and open a hole under the neck into the cavity.
3. Rinse your turkey in clean cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Place the turkey on the Infusion Roaster with the cylinder inserted into the cavity of the bird. Pour 1 to 1 ½ cups chicken broth into the cylinder of the infusion roaster. Insert a wedge of lemon into the neck cavity of the bird to retain moisture inside the bird.
5. Rub generously with olive oil and Rosemary Garlic Seasoning. (or your favorite seasonings)
6. Place cut vegetables in the bottom of the roasting pan and add liquid to prevent burning.
7. Put turkey in a 400 degree oven, and cook for 30 minutes. Turn heat down to 350 degrees, and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. While the turkey is in the oven, weave your bacon pieces together to create a square bacon weave.
8. After the Turkey has been cooking for 1 hour, take out of oven, and lay bacon weave over turkey breasts. Secure ends with toothpicks.
9. Put turkey back into 350 degree oven, and continue cooking for another 30-45 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
10. Let sit 20-30 minutes before carving.
For more information go to www.Campchef.com