Add a few good grill recipes to your barbecue arsenal.
You probably haven’t used your grill in several months. Winter isn’t prime time for grilling…but with the weather warming up, it’s time to break out the barbecue! Kick off the season with some new recipes.
Chef Todd Leonard shares three grill recipes to make on the barbecue. He shares how to get it all prepped for the summer, and some of his top grilling tips. He also shares a hack for getting even tastier cedar plank salmon.
Grill Recipes to Kick Off Barbecue Season
Chef Todd’s BBQ Chicken
- 8 Breasts of chicken — Skin on, boneless
- 2 tablespoons Chef Todd’s Pit Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Garlic — minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce — Todd’s Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Sauce is suggested
Place the chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and coat with the pit seasoning and garlic. Rub into the chicken while in the bag and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
Add the lime juice and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
Add the olive oil to coat, squishing bag together to blend with the chicken.
Add the BBQ sauce and allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
On a preheated oiled grill, turn heat to medium and place chicken breasts skin side down on the grill, if using boneless breasts place the side you want to present down first.
Cook for about 5-7 minutes and turn.
Mop the top of the turned chicken with the remaining marinade from the bag two or three times.
Allow the chicken to cook and the marinade cook and stick to the top of the chicken.
Rest the chicken for 1-2 minutes and serve.
Chipotle Lime Marinade
- 1 tablespoon Chef Todd’s Pit Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle chile canned in adobo – pureed — Less if a more mild marinade is desired
- 2 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 cup Lime Juice
- 1 cup Blended oil
Combine all ingredients together and coat your desired meat.
You may wish to add the flavor items first to the meat then the liquid items for a more rub marinade.
Cilantro and Chili Vinaigrette or Marinade
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, whole — chopped fine
- 1 each red jalapeno — seeded and minced (brunoise)
- 1 each lime — juice of
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup blended oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cummin
- Salt and pepper — to taste
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the oil and whisk well.
Add the oil slowly to form an emulsion.
Taste and season as needed.
Vegetable and Meat Marinade
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Garlic — minced
- 1 each Lemon — Juice of
- 2 tablespoons basil — chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons parsley — chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chives — chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon pit seasoning
Mix the chopped and minced ingredients with the seasoning, lemon and balsamic until well blended.
Add the oil slowly while mixing to incorporate an emulsion.
Add to mushrooms or any other veg mix as a marinade.