These mac n’ cheese bites use ingredients you probably already have.
Take your kids’ favorite snack, pair it with the ultimate comfort food, and the result is Flaming Hot Mac n’ Cheese Bites. Make them for your next get together, or, just for a fun mid-week treat!
Heidi VanValkenburg, with Rhodes Rolls, shares the recipe for Flamin’ Hot mac n’ cheese bites. She shares how you can switch it up if you aren’t a hot Cheeto fan. She also shares a recipe to make fall leaf rolls with frozen dough.
Find more recipes at www.rhodesbakenserv.com.
Flaming Hot Mac n’ Cheese Bites
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 35 min.
Spicy hot crunch and ooh so creamy macaroni and cheese team up for the best bite ever.
12 Rhodes Dinner rolls, dough thawed but still cold
2 cups CHEETOS® Crunchy FLAMIN’ HOT® cheese flavored snacks, crushed
1/2 frozen macaroni dinner
Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Cut each in half. Flatten each roll into a 2-inch circle.
Place 1 piece of macaroni and cheese on each circle. Pull edges of each dough circle up to completely enclose filling.
In a small bowl whisk the egg. Place crushed Cheetos® in a shallow bowl. Then dip each filled roll in the egg and then into the Cheetos®.
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: To crush Cheetos®, place them in a Ziploc bag and crush with rolling pin or hands.
Fall Leaf Rolls
Prep Time: 15-20min.
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
Bring fall to your dinner table with these colorful fall leaf dinner rolls!
8 Rhodes yeast Dinner rolls, dough thawed
1 egg, separated white and yolk
yellow cheddar, grated
white cheddar, grated
salad supreme seasoning
- Combine the dinner roll dough into a ball and roll out into a 1/2 inch thick sheet of dough on a surface sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out leaves ad place on a sprayed baking sheet. Combine scrap dough and roll out again. Cut out more leaves and place on the sprayed baking sheet. Get as many leaves as you can out of the dough.
- Brush half of the leaves with egg yolk, and the other half with just the egg white.
- Top half of the egg white brushed leaves with parmesan, garlic salt and parsley.
- Top the remaining egg white brushed leaves with yellow cheddar and garlic salt.
- Top half off the egg yolk brushed leaves with white cheddar and top with garlic salt.
- Top remaining egg yolk brushed leaves with yellow cheddar and salad supreme seasoning.
- Using a small knife, cut the veins into all of the leaves.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes or until some of the leaves are golden.