When you need an impressive array of holiday foods, look no further: great ideas for your party menu.
Gingerbread Caramel Sauce
3 cups sugar
¾ cup water
1½ tbsp light corn syrup
1½ cups heavy cream
3 tbsp butter
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
1½ tsp ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
1. In a large saucepan combine sugar, water and light corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring,
until the sugar is dissolved. Wash down crystals inside the pan with a wet pastry brush.
Cook, without stirring, until an amber caramel forms, about 6 min. Remove from heat;
stir in heavy cream and butter. Caramel will bubble.
2. Stir in cinnamon, ginger and cloves, pour into small glass jars; let cool. Refrigerate for up
to 2 months.
Pistachio Holiday Palettes
4 oz (¾ cup) good quality semi sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate bar
4 oz (¾ cup) good quality white chocolate chips, or chocolate bar
¼ cup Wonderful shelled pistachios
Dried fruit such as apricots, ginger, blueberries, bananas, plums, peaches, cranberries and cherries
Sprinkles and silver drageés
1. Melt chocolates in separate bowls. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spoon 1 tbsp
chocolate onto baking sheet for each palette. Chocolate will settle into a circle.
2. Decorate each palette with pistachios, dried fruit and sprinkles, cutting fruit into slivers or
pieces as needed. Chill palettes for 30 min. If packaging, package while cold. Serve.
¾ cup nonfat dry milk
½ cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup light corn syrup
⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
1. In a food processor pulse dry milk until it forms a fine powder, about 5 pulses. In a mixing
bowl combine peanut butter and corn syrup. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until
2. Add dry milk a little at a time and stir until mixture is stiff enough to work with your hands.
Knead any remaining dry milk into mixture. Roll into ropes ½ inch thick. Cut into 2¼-inch-long
pieces. Wrap in waxed paper or cellophane candy wrappers. Store at room temperature for up
to 3 weeks.
Spicy Sweet Scarlett Grapefruit Guacamole
2 large avocados
¾ tsp kosher salt
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp hot sauce
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 Wonderful Sweet Scarlett grapefruit, segmented and chopped
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 tbsp Wonderful pomegranate arils
1. Pit and peel avocados and gently mash in a bowl. Add the salt, lime juice, hot sauce,
jalapeno and scallions and stir to blend to desired consistency, chunky or smooth.
2. Add the grapefruit segments to the guacamole with the cilantro. Garnish with the
pomegranate arils and serve with chips.
Halo Prosciutto Bruschetta
2 cups sliced shallots
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup white balsamic vinegar
½ cup brown sugar
1 bay leaf
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 cup Halo mandarin segments, roughly chopped
14 slices prosciutto
Toasted hazelnuts, crushed
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Slice baguette thinly, brush with olive oil and bake until just toasted.
2. In a skillet over medium heat sautè the shallot and salt in 1 tbsp olive oil until soft and
translucent, about 20 min. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, bay leaf and coriander seeds and let
simmer until vinegar is reduced and almost gone. Add the Halo segments and stir. remove from
3. Top toasted baguette slices with a ½ piece of prosciutto, a spoonful of the Halo chutney
and sprinkle with hazelnuts and thyme.
Ham and Gruyere Mini Turnovers
1 cup (3 oz) grated Gruyère
4 oz cooked ham, cut into ¼-inch dice
3 tbsp half-and-half
1½ tsp dried sage
Pinch freshly ground pepper
Flour, for work surface
1 box (17¼ oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 large egg, beaten
Whole-grain Dijon mustard, for serving (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, stir together cheese, ham, half-and-half, sage and
pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pastry sheet to a 12-inch square; cut into 9
squares. Working with one square at a time, brush edges with egg and place 1 tbsp
filling in center. Fold together opposite corners of square, forming a triangle, and press
together edges to seal; decorate with tines of a fork. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush
with egg and prick top of each once with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet,
filling and egg.
2. Bake 5 min. Reduce heat to 375°F and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15
min more. Serve warm with mustard (if using).