This lemon yogurt loaf cake is a show stopper – and it’s easy to make!
Fresh lemon and tangy yogurt mixed up into a moist loaf cake is what spring dreams are made of! This is an Italian-inspired recipe you can whip up in one bowl. It’s so good, you might want to make one every week!
Elena Davis shares how to make a lemon yogurt loaf cake. She shares the story behind this tasty recipe, how to add in blueberries for an extra zing, and what kind of yogurt to use for the best flavor.
Lemon Yogurt Loaf Cake
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup whole-milk French (or Greek) yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional- 1 1/2 C blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat loaf pan (9x5x3 inches, 8 cup) with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist then add eggs. With a mixer, mix until very foamy and white, a few minutes.
- Add yogurt and vanilla extract whisk to blend
- Fold in dry ingredients just to blend
- Add oil in last and mix until smooth and combined.
- If adding blueberries toss and fold in now
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.