This pan-fried chicken is best topped off with a decadent marsala sauce.
Fancy name, easy recipe! This dish is a savory add to your weeknight rotation, and it’s all made in one pan! Boil up a pot of pasta and dinner is on the table in just 30 minutes.
Alex Daynes shares the easy how to for pan-fried chicken marsala. She shares the connection this recipe has to her mom, and how it is a recipe made to impress. It feels restaurant quality, but it couldn’t be easier.
Find more recipes from Alex on Instagram, @thealexdaynes, or at www.alexdaynes.com.
Pan-Fried Chicken Marsala
- 4-5 chicken breasts sliced thin or pounded flat
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian season
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon butter (divided)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup marsala wine
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Gently press the chicken breasts into the flour mixture to coat, and shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil and two tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the coated chicken in the skillet and cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside (165°F) and golden brown outside, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt the remaining one tablespoon butter in the same skillet over medium heat while scraping up any brown bits with a spoon. Stir in the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, and cook and stir until they are tender and have released their liquid, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, then stir in the Marsala wine and chicken stock.
- Add cornstarch to thicken the sauce if needed.
- Transfer the chicken back to the skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken breast. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes more. Serve the chicken and sauce over egg noodles, orzo pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
writing an essay for college admission
write an essay online
writing personal essays
word choice in an argumentative essay should be
five paragraph essay
what is a synthesis essay