This slow cooker chicken is bursting with all the Italian flavors!
We always appreciate a good “set it and forget it” recipe. Top a bed of your favorite pasta with chicken slow cooked with sundried tomatoes. Add in cream and some parmesan cheese for a delectable creamy sauce.
Alli Kelley shares the super simple steps to make this weeknight dinner. She shares why she came up with this slow cooker chicken recipe, and why it’s a great way to use up your tomato crop. She also shares why you should cook the pasta separate from the rest of the dish.
Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 4 oz oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, halved lengthwise
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 c fresh spinach, chopped or whole
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- 1 lb cooked pasta, for serving (preferably fettuccine)
In the slow cooker, combine the broth, tomatoes, salt pepper, and garlic. Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture. Turn the slow cooker on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Add the heavy cream, spinach, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and replace the lid. Let it cook for about 30 minutes on low, or until the spinach is wilted and the cheese is melted through. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley and serve with the pasta.