Darin Engh, from Engh Garden, hosts parties like this at their store in Sandy, and he offers some tips for having a successful Girlfriend's Garden Party.
The easiest way is to actually have your party at Engh Gardens. There is a huge selection of flowers to chose from while you're planting. If a color doesn't match, you can always find one that does. Engh Gardens will provide the set-up and clean up and has potting soil on-hand.
If you attempt to have a party at a different location, these guidelines could help:
â"¢ Have everyone bring an empty container or two. Make sure the pots have drainage holes.
â"¢ Some guests may know how to plant a container, while other friends are novices. At Engh Gardens, the knowledgeable "Container Coaches" love to offer tips to keep in mind while planting.
â"¢ You could also bring favors or drinks and refreshments for your group.
1. Pick the Right Plants
- choose plants that share the same growing needs like sun or shade
2. Stick with a theme
- one or two colors create plenty of excitement; find one anchor plant and build around it with medium-height and trailing plants
- make sure the pot has open drainage holes to let excess water escape
4. Potting Soil
- use Fertilome Ultimate Potting Mix; it has peat moss for optimum water retention
5. Watering and Care & Feed with Fertilizer
- water your container when the soil feels dry; use Fertilome Blooming Plant Food mixed in with the water to promote more beautiful blooms, lush green foliage, and stronger root development
For more information, or to book a garden party, you can contact Engh Gardens through their website at www.enghgardens.com.